Order Sons of Italy in America, West Virginia Grand Lodge records
The Order Sons of Italy in America, West Virginia Grand Lodge was founded in 1923. Records consist of Supreme lodge materials, such as laws (1935). The bulk of the collection pertains to the Mortuary Fund (1935-1968), including applications, claim records, receipt books, general ledgers, and correspondence. Also included are minutes of Grand Council meetings and conventions (1975-1985), Grand Lodge financial reports and Mortuary Fund reports, Grand Convention records from the 1960s and 1970s, photographs, and newspaper clippings.
- Order Sons of Italy in America, West Virginia Grand Lodge. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Italian and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
4 Linear Feet
- Insurance, Fraternal -- West Virginia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- West Virginia -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Order Sons of Italy in America, West Virginia Grand Lodge records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area