Angelo Viani papers
Papers (1923-1962) of Angelo Viani (1893-1974) include records of the the Mountaineer Building and Loan Association (Fairmont, W.Va.), OSIA materials including ritual books, photographs, membership applications, incorporation papers of the OSIA West Virginia Grand Lodge (1923), and officers' regalia.
- Viani, Angelo, 1893-1974 (Person)
Language of Materials
English and Italian
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Angelo Viani (1893-1974) was born in Bagnolo, Italy. He served the Order Sons of Italy in America as Grand Recording Secretary (1933-1955) and Grand Venerable (1953-1967) of the West Virginia Grand Lodge.
2 Linear Feet
- Banks and banking -- West Virginia -- Fairmont -- Records and correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- West Virginia -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Savings and loan associations -- West Virginia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Angelo Viani papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area