Vincent P. Landi papers
The P. Vincent Landi Order Sons of Italy in America collection (1929-1984) consists of Supreme lodge records included convention materials (1969-1981), reports of the Garibaldi-Meucci Museum, resolutions regarding the media and Italian Americans (1970), and reports on charitable activities. Also included are New York Grand Lodge records consisting of grand convention records (1969-1982), grand council minutes (1969), brochures from various events, a large selection of documents of the Committee Against Bias, Bigotry, and Prejudice 91970-1976) which Landi chaired, speeches, and correspondence. Local records include newsletters from the Columbus Lodge No. 2143 (1964-1984), and information on other local lodges, along with a scrapbooks (ca. 1930s). Non-OSIA items include issues of The Bulletin of the Italian Young Folks League of America (1929-1932), and photographs.
- Landi, P. Vincent (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
P. Vincent Landi is a lawyer who has served the Order Sons of Italy in America as Supreme Treasurer (1977-1981), New York Grand Venerable (1969-1973), 1st Assistant Grand Venerable (1969-1973), 2nd Assistant Grand Venerable (1965-1967), and Grand Trustee (1937-1939).
2 Linear Feet
- Ethnological museums and collections. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Public opinion. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English