Jan Pesek papers
Papers (1875-1945) of Jan Martin Pesek (1869-1945) contain clippings, events programs, ephemera, and correspondence pertaining to Czech American activities, particularly the immigrnt group's cultural affairs in St. Paul, Minnesota. Includes published material as well.
- Pesek, Jan Martin, 1869-1945 (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Jan Martin Pesek (1869-1945) was born on Feb. 8, 1869 in Hvozdec, Cechy (Bohemia). Pesek's family were among the earliest Czech settlers in St. Paul, Minn. He was active in Czech activities and organizations.
7 Linear Feet
- Czech American theater. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Czech Americans -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Czech Americans -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ethnic theater. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Jan Pesek papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English