Skip to main content

Polish Union of America, Inc. Chapter No. 2 (Saint Paul, Minnesota) records

 Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: IHRC2150

Abstract

Records of Polish Union of America, Inc., Chapter #2 (St. Paul, Minn.) consist of three membership dues books.

Dates

  • 1896-1917

Creator

Language of Materials

Polish

ACCESS RESTRICTIONS

Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.

OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS

This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.

For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.

HISTORICAL SKETCH

A fraternal, cultural, relief, and social organization, the Polish Union of America, Inc. was founded as a result of schism within the Polish National Alliance in the late 1880s, and was led by Father Dominic Majer, a St. Paul, Minn., priest and patriach of Minnesota Polonia. Five lodges were organized in the Twin Cities and one each in Owatonna and Duluth, Minn., but the locus of membership, power,and the office organ Slonce (Sun) shifted eastward by 1900. A series of reorganizations in the next decade led to the formation of the Polish Union of the United States with headquarters in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., and the Polish Union of America in Buffalo, N.Y.

Extent

1 linear inch

Title
Inventory of the Polish Union of America, Inc. Chapter No. 2 (Saint Paul, Minnesota) records.
Author
IHRC Archives
Date
2016
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding Aid in English

Collecting Area Details

Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area

Contact:

612-625-4800