Giuseppe D. Procopio papers
Papers (ca. 1933-1961) of Italian American labor leader Giuseppe D. Procopio comprise articles and clippings about his union activities. Procopio was from Calabria, Italy, born ca. 1890. He was active in the Confederazione Italo-Americano del Lavoro, the United Shoe Workers of America, Local 563 Shoe Service Union, President of International Wholesale and Department Store Union, and chairman of America Aid to Calabria after World War II.
- Procopio, Giuseppe D. (Person)
Language of Materials
Italian and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
3 Linear Feet
- Clothing workers -- Labor unions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor leaders. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Shoemakers -- Labor unions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilian relief -- Italy -- Calabria. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Giuseppe D. Procopio papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area