Jaroslav B. Rudnyckyj papers
Papers (1970-1971) of Jaroslav Bohdan Rudnyckyj consist of materials on the Manitoba Mosaic Congress (Oct. 13-17, 1970), the Royal Commission on Bilingualism and Biculturism in Canada, and copies of newspaper clippings pertaining to the Congress and Commission. The Congress is an organization whose purpose is to study the problems of ethnic groups in Canada. Rudnyckyj contributed recommendations and reactions to the Commission's study of the status of ethnic languages in Canada.
- Rudnyckyj, Jaroslav, b. 1910. (Person)
Language of Materials
English, Ukrainian, and French
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Jaroslav Bohdan Rudnyckyj was born in Ukraine and came to Canada in 1949 after completing his education at Lvov, Prague, Heidelberg, and Munich. He organized the Department of Slavic Studies at the University of Manitoba and served as its head since 1951. He is a member of many professional and Ukrainian societies, and has published books and articles on linguistics and bilingualism.
3 linear inches
- Biculturalism -- Canada. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bilingualism -- Canada. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ethnology -- Canada. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Linguists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ukrainians -- Canada. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Jaroslav B. Rudnyckyj papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English