Vincenza Scarpaci papers
Papers (1970) of Vincenza Scarpaci consist of an annotated bibliography and biographical information on the history of Italians in Louisiana, ca. l890-1910; contained on index cards. The collection includes a microfilm copy of the Donaldsville, La., Daily Times (June, 1897 through May, 1898). In addition, the collection contains two reels of microfilm relating to a WPA ethnic records survey of Italians in Philadelphia. Included are photographs Scarpaci collected for her book "A Portrait of the Italians in America" (1982), and oral history tapes and indexes.
- Scarpaci, Vincenza. (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
3 Linear Feet
- Italian Americans -- Bio-bibliography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Louisiana -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Pennsylvania -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Vincenza Scarpaci papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English