Slovenian Workers’ Benefit Federation (Slovenska Delavska Podporna Zveza) records
Records (1908-1918) of the Slovenska Delavska Podporna Zveza (Slavic Workers' Benefit Federation (Conemaugh, Pennsylvania) consist of minutes of meetings of the organizational leadership.
- Slovenska Delavska Podporna Zveza (Slavic Workers' Benefit Federation) (Conemaugh, Pa.). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
The Slovenska Delavska Podporna Zveza was organized in 1908 in Conemaugh, Pennsylvania. It was a fraternal insurance organization created to meet the needs of Slavic workers in the coal fields, and iron and steel industries in Pennsylvania and surrounding areas.The organization attempted to serve political as well as economic needs of its members. It cooperated with other Slavic organizations, especially Jugoslovanska Socialisticna Zveza and Slovenska Narodna Podporna Jednota; it merged with the latter in 1918.
3 linear inches
- Insurance, fraternal -- Pennsylvania -- Conemaugh. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slovene Americans -- Pennsylvania -- Conemaugh. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slovene Americans -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English