St. John Cantius Roman Catholic Church, Wilno, Minnesota, records
Records (1883-1974) of St. John Cantius Roman Catholic Church (Wilno, Minn.) include baptism, marriage, and death registers, parish committee minutes, financial records, photographs, and newspaper clippings. Also included are the research notes of parish historian Rose Parulski.
- Saint John Cantius Church (Wilno, Minn.). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Latin, Polish, and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law. For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
1 Linear Feet (5 microfilm reels)
St. John Cantius Roman Catholic Church (Wilno, Minn.) has been the center of one of Minnesota's oldest rural Polish settlements, founded about 1880 through the efforts of Rev. R. Byzewski of Winona, Bishop John Ireland of St. Paul, Minn., and the Northwestern Railroad.
Collection acquired from the St. John Cantius Church in 1997.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Finding Aid in English