Student Company of the Cesis Regiment, Latvia records
Materials pertaining to the members (and their organization) of the Student Company of the Cesis Regiment which participated in the battle of Cesis during Latvia's war of independence in 1919. The surviving members of the company formed an organized group abroad after World War II and their migration out of Europe to the United States, Australia and elsewhere. Included are newspaper clippings, correspondence, financial records, postcards and photographs.
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
2 Linear Feet
- Exile Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraternal organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Latvian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Student Company of the Cesis Regiment, Latvia records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area