Boleslaw Boym Szczesniak papers
Papers (1948-1977) of Boleslaw Boym Szczesniak, a medievalist and scholar of East Asian History, consist largely of his and his family's personal correspondence. Also included are proceedings of the South Bend (Indiana) Polish Library (1914-1957) and a file pertaining to celebration of the Copernican Year (1973) in South Bend.
- Szczesniak, Boleslaw Boym. (Person)
Language of Materials
English and Polish
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Boleslaw Boym Szczesniak, a medievalist and scholar of East Asian history, came to the United States soon after WWII. He taught at the University of Notre Dame, Department of History.
1 Linear foot
- College teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copernicus, Nicolaus, 1473-1543 -- Anniversaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Libraries -- Indiana -- South Bend. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polish Americans -- Indiana -- South Bend. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Notre Dame. Dept. of History. -- Faculty. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Boleslaw Boym Szczesniak papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area