Trinity Lutheran Church (New York Mills, Minnesota) records
The records include articles of incorporation; constitutions; registers of ministerial acts; membership rosters; parish council minutes; treasurers' reports; minutes and reports of clubs, guilds, and Sunday Schools; Sunday bulletins; and annual reports.
- Creation: 1889-1990
- Trinity Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minnesota (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Incorporated in 1892 as the First Finnish American Evangelical Lutheran Church of New York Mills, the congregation was one of the earliest Finnish Lutheran bodies in east Otter Tail County, MN. The congregation changed its name to Trinity ELC of New York Mills in 1946. The collection also includes the records of two other early congregations, the Leaf Lake Finnish American Ev. Luth. National Church (the "mother church" of the New York Mills congregation, incorporated in 1889) and the Dopelius Finnish American Ev. Luth. National Church (organized in 1910). All of the congregations had a synodical affliation with the Finnish American National Lutheran Church.
5 Linear Feet
- Inventory of the Trinity Lutheran Church (New York Mills, Minnesota) records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English