Ernest Tummolillo papers
Papers (1902-1977) of Ernesto Tummolillo (1879-1916), a noted Neopolitan playwright who came to the United States in 1901 consist of photocopies of a biography written by his great grandson Gennaro Dispigno, correspondence, photographs, Neopolitan songs, a play written by Tummolillo, and newspaper clippings. Tummolillo also worked at the Ellis Island Immigration Office.
- Tummolillo, Ernest, 1879-1916 (Person)
Language of Materials
English and Italian. Songs, poetry, and play in Neopolitan dialect.
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
1 linear inch
- Ethnic theater. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian American dramatists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian American theater. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Songs, Italian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Ernest Tummolillo papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area