Galileo Tobia papers
Papers consist of letters, postcards, and clippings sent to "L'Adunata" by Italians in the U.S., Italy, South America and elsewhere. Also included are files on several leftist newspapers, most published in Italy.
Language of Materials
Mainly in Italian, some English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Tobia was financial officer of the Italian anarchist paper "L'Adunata dei Refrattari" (Cry of the Recalcitrants)
3 Linear Feet
Collection acquired from Carolina Tobia of Rensselaer, New York in 1994.
- Anarchists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ethnic press Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian American press Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radicalism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Galileo Tobia papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area