Elsie Wermerskirchen papers
Papers consist of newspaper clippings, photographs, sheet music, and pamphlets. Much of the material relates to the history of the Virginia and Pike-Sandy regions in northeastern Minnesota, including the Pike Evangelical Lutheran Church. Included are also three artefacts (aluminium potato pancake pan, wooden spoon, and white cloth purse)
Language of Materials
English, some Finnish.
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
1 Linear foot
Collection acquired from Elsie Wermerskirchen of Virginia, Minnesota in 1991.
- Cooking -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cultural heritage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Religious life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Elsie Wermerskirchen papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area