Anton Zakelj papers
Typescript of a memoir "Starting Over in Cleveland" by Anton Zakelj, translated from Slovenian into English and edited by John Zakelj, with photographs by Anton Zakelj. Also a typescript of an article "Cleveland in the 50s" by Anton Zakelj. The Zakelj family immigrated to the United States from Slovenia in 1950, settling in Cleveland, Ohio. The memoir depicts life in the Slovenian neighborhood of Cleveland, around the St. Vitus Church.
- Zakelj, Anton (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
1 linear inch
Collection acquired from John Zakelj of Saint Paul, Minnesota in 2000.
- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Displaced persons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slovenian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area