Polish White Eagle Association (Minneapolis, Minnesota) records
Collection consists of constitution and by-laws, meeting minutes, newsletters, convention booklets, correspondence, and financial records. Included are also death claim records and non-claim insurance files.
- Polish White Eagle Fraternal Association (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room. Access to death claim and membership records restricted, special conditions apply. Please contact IHRCA staff for more information.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
The Polish White Eagle Association was formed in 1906 by a group of Polish Americans in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was incorporated in 1926 in Saint Paul, Minnesota. In 1941, the organization purchased a building in Northeast Minneapolis (1300 NE Second Street) which remained its headquarters until the early 2000s. The Association provided its members with life insurance and also home mortgage loans. In 2001, the Polish White Eagle Association (later known as the Eagle Fraternal Life Association) merged with the Degree of Honor Protective Association.
42 Linear Feet
Collection acquired from Frank Filipczak of the Polish White Eagle Association in 2002. The Death Claim records and Non-claim Insurance Files were processed by John Rys of the Polish Genealogical Society of Minnesota in 2004.
- Community life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraternal organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Insurance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polish White Eagle Association Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Polish Union of America, Inc. Chapter No. 2 (Saint Paul, Minnesota) records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area