New Yorgi Haridusseltsi Eesti Kool (The New York NYEHS Estonian School) records
DESCRIPTION OF THE COLLECTION
1-4. Minutes and correspondence of the NYEHS Estonian School 1952-1979
5-23. School diaries for 1-6th grade 1951-1981 (19 pcs)
24-26. Correspondence with individuals and organizations 1961-1972
27-29. Correspondence with individuals and organizations 1973-1979
30-31. Curriculum documentation of the school
32-34. Examining material about Estonian language, geography etc.
35. Newspaper clippings
- Creation: 1951-1981
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
The New York Estonian School was established in 1939. The school closed its doors in 1947, but was reborn again in 1950. In the 1970s, the school's official name became "The NYEHS Estonian School."
2 Linear Feet
Minutes, school diaries, correspondence, examining material.
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, New Jersey), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2010. Margit Laanemets and Kristel Tammik of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English