EELK New Yorgi Kogudus (Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church in New York, New York) records
Collection consists of administrative documents (constitution, by-laws, guidelines), documents regarding to meetings (minutes, correspondence, annexes), financial reports, church notices, correspondence (with annexes, also postcards and samples of congregation's envelopes), communications to church members (information sheets, bulletins), booklets of church services (among others also funeral and confirmation booklets), different printed matter and newspaper clippings.
- Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church in New York, New York (Organization)
Language of Materials
Estonian, English, German, Swedish
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church in New York (NY Eesti Evangeeliumi Luteri Usu Kirik) was formed in 1898 by the initiative of reverend Hans Rebane. Conrad Klemmer took over as a pastor in 1913 after the death of reverend Rebane. The services were held in St. John's church in New York from 1923 to 1947. New York congregation was incorporated in 1951. By that time the congregation had grown tenfold to include at least 3200 members, so, along with new pastor Rudolf Kiviranna, the congregation moved to the Immanuel Lutheran Church, where services are held until today. Uudo Tari has been the resident pastor since 1997.
20 Linear Feet
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, New Jersey), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), the BaltherNet non-profit network, and the IHRC Archives in May 2014. Birgit Nurme and Pille Aguraiuja of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
IHRC 3751 - Kurgvel, Aleks
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English