Eesti Kultuurifond Ameerika Ühendriikides (Foundation for Estonian Arts and Letters) records
Constitutions, minutes, reports, correspondence, accounting documents, programs, play texts, and brochures.
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
The Foundation for Estonian Arts and Letters was founded as a non-profit organization in 1957 in New York. The objective of the foundation is to promote charitable, scientific, literary and educational causes and understanding and knowledge of arts, science, literature and the Estonian language; to increase collaboration among artists, art students, craftsmen and all others engaged in artistic activities; to hold competitions and exhibitions and to promote the study and improvement of the arts; to arrange literary programs, theatrical and other entertainments; and to work for the intellectual, moral and social advancement; to extend financial aid to such persons and organizations that are engaged in furthering the above said purposes.
2 Linear Feet
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, New Jersey), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2010. Margit Laanemets and Kristel Tammik of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
- Arts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Estonian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Eesti Kultuurifond Ameerika Ühendriikides (Foundation for Estonian Arts and Letters) records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English