Kesk Florida Eesti Selts (Estonian Society of Central Florida) records
DESCRIPTION OF THE COLLECTION
1. Constitutions, minutes, lists of people who attended the meetings, annual reports 1972-1997
2. Memberlists 1976-1989
3. Circular letters 1975-1988
4. Circular letters 1979-1983
5. Circular letters 1984-1998
6. Circular letters 1985-1997
7. Correspondence with individuals and organizations 1979-1993
8. Invoices and notes about expenditures 1976-1997 (15 pp)
9. Overviews (2 psc) about the history of the society, speech held for the Estonian independence day in 1991 by K. Jaak Roosaare
10. Programs and invitations 1976-1997
11. Brochures, hand-outs and informational sheets
12. Newspaper clippings, photos
- Creation: 1972-1997
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
The Estonian Society of Central Florida was founded in 1975. The objective of the society is to promote education and cultural exchange in the communities of Central Florida.
1 Linear Feet
Constitutions, minutes, reports, lists, circular letters, correspondence.
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, New Jersey), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2010. Margit Laanemets and Kristel Tammik of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English