EELK Patersoni Pauluse Kogudus (St. Paul Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church in Paterson, New Jersey) records
Collection consists of minutes, correspondence, reports, membership documents, bulletins and booklets of church services and also from other institutions. There are seven folders of newspaper clippings from period 1958-1986.Collection was originally organized by Voldemar Arge.
Language of Materials
Estonian, English, German
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
2 Linear Feet
EELK (Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church) Paterson Congregation was founded in 01.10.1950. Oskar Lille was elected as the chairman of the Church Council and Conrad Klemmer as the pastor. Elmar Kuusler took over after the death of Klemmer in 1956 and served the congregation until 1969, followed by Max Saar in 1972. Church Council was chaired by Heinrich Viidekop, Gottfried Redi, Nigul Ermaste and Voldemar P. Arge. Paterson Congregation was incorporated in 1964. At that time the congregation had 100-130 members.
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, New Jersey), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), the BaltherNet non-profit network, and the IHRC Archives in May 2014. Birgit Nurme and Pille Aguraiuja of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
IHRC 597 - Arge, VoldemarIHRC 3789 - Redi, GottfriedIHRC 3557 - Ermaste, Nigul
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Finding Aid in English