EELK Connecticuti Kogudus (Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Connecticut) records
Collection consists of the organizational records of the congregation (meeting agendas and minutes, correespondence, financial records). Also included are materials documenting the activities of the church choir.
- Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Connecticut (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
EELK (Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church) Connecticut Congregation was founded in 1953, sermons in the Estonian language had been held since before 1949 in Danielson and Milford. Pastor Johannes Aarik held services from 1950. Aleksander Abel was appointed as the pastor in 1953. He was succeeded by reverend Valdeko Kangro in 1973.
4 Linear Feet
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, New Jersey), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), the BaltherNet non-profit network, and the IHRC Archives in May 2014. Birgit Nurme and Pille Aguraiuja of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
- Inventory of the EELK Connecticuti Kogudus (Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Connecticut) records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English