Esto Festival 1980 records
ESTO 1980 took place on July 6-13, 1980 in Stockholm, Sweden. The 3rd National Congress (July 8-9,1980) and the 3rd Women´s Congress (July 9, 1980) were also held as part of the festival.
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
ESTO is a world-wide cultural festival for expatriate Estonians which has taken place every four years since its beginning in 1972. The originator of ESTO was Robert Kreem from Canada. The fundamental thrust of the first ESTOs was a strongly political one. Alongside the political aims, cultural aspects of the festival have always been of significant importance. ESTO festivals: 1972 - Toronto, Canada; 1976 - Baltimore, USA;1980 - Stockholm, Sweden; 1984 -Toronto, Canada; 1988 - Melbourne, Australia; 1992 - New York, USA; 1996 - Stockholm, Sweden/ Tallinn, Estonia; 2000 - Toronto, Canada; 2004 - Riga, Latvia ; 2009 - Münster, Germany; 2013 - San Francisco USA
7.5 linear inches
Collection acquired from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A., Lakewood, New Jersey, in 2003-2005. It was processed in May 2013 by Peeter Väljas and Aet Tran-Tõnissoo of the National Archives of Estonia in Tallinn, working with IHRCA Archivist Daniel Necas.
- Community life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cultural heritage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Estonian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Festivals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folk art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Esto Festival 1980 records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English