Gregorio Morabito papers
The Gregorio Morabito Order Sons of Italy in America collection includes music and lyrics to the "OSIA Anthem" (1943) and the "Song of the Sons of Italy" (1949). Also included are miscellaneous certificates and acknowledgements of Morabito's service as a public accountant and 50 year membership in OSIA, correspondence regarding the New York War Fund Campaign (1944), miscellaneous correspondence from various people include Mayor Fiorello La Guardia of New York City and Thomas E. Dewey, Governor of New York, newspaper clippings, photographs, and an Italian passport (1921).
- Morabito, Gregorio. (Person)
Language of Materials
Mainly in English; a few items in Italian
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Gregorio Morabito served as Grand Recording Secretary of the Order Sons of Italy in America New York Grand Lodge (1928-1973).
1 linear inch
- Accountants. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Songs and music. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilian contribution. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Gregorio Morabito papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English