Mary Romano papers
The Mary Romano Order Sons of Italy in America (CN) collection consists of correspondence of Gloria #1117 (1936-1955); Connecticut Grand Lodge correspondence (1939-1953); a photocopy of the 1921 charter application of Gloria #1117. Grand Convention materials include a photocopy of the 1935 Convention booklet, grand venerable reports for 1939 and 1941, and the agenda for the 1955 convention. A booklet for the 1939 Silver Jubilee Dinner of the grand lodge, and one from the 1969 Columbus Day dance round off the Grand Lodge materials. Supreme Lodge records from the 1941-1945 period focus on Italian War prisoners, aid to Italian war victims, and a resolution urging that Italy be involved in the founding of the United Nations. Artifacts include ribbons and medals from the 1939 and 1941 Grand Conventions, and two photographs.
- Romano, Mary. (Person)
Language of Materials
Mainly in English; some items in Italian
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law. For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Mary Romano held the office of Connecticut Grand Trustee, Order Sons of Italy in America, from 1945 to 1975.
1 linear inch
- Columbus Day. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Connecticut -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Prisoners of war -- Italy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Connecticut -- New London -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilian relief -- Italy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Mary Romano papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area