Gwen Rossler papers
A copy of a bound typescript entitled TO AMERICA WITH A SHIPFUL OF WORLD WAR II REFUGEES: DIARY OF FALL 1950 by Gwen Rossler. Originally written in German, translated in March 1990 in Madison, Wisconsin, by Gwen Rossler. The diary covers the time between September 27 an October 24, 1950, and describes Gwen Rossler's journey from Camp Grohn near Vegesack in Germany via Bremerhaven and New Orleans to New York.
- Rossler, Gwen (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
1 linear inch
Collection acquired from Cathy Camper in 2005.
- Displaced persons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Refugees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Gwen Rossler papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area