Diego Delfino papers
Papers (1912-1929) of Diego Delfino (1874-1926), an Italian immigrant physician who lived in Ohio, West Virginia, and New Jersey, consist of letters to his uncle and daughter in Reggio Calabria, Italy. Also included are papers relating to settlement of Delfino's estate; a translation and biographical sketch by his grandson Diego Cassone; a photograph of Delfino and his daughter; and newspaper clippings about his death. Selected items from the collection have been digitized and are available in the University of Minnesota's U Media Archive and on the Digitizing Immigrant Letters project website (see "Digital material" below).
- Delfino, Diego, 1874-1926 (Person)
Language of Materials
Italian and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
2.5 linear inches
- Italian Americans -- New Jersey. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Ohio. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- West Virginia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Physicians. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Diego Delfino papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area