Istvan Erdelyi papers
Collection consists of extensive files of correspondence between Istvan Erdelyi and numerous members of the Hungarian immigrant communities in the United States, Canada and Australia. Included are also newspaper clippings, copies of articles on Hungarian and Hungarian American subjects, materials pertaining to the St. Stephen of Hungary Church in New York City, the Viktor Padanyi Society and other organizations of Hungarians in exile, and documents and copies of articles that discuss Transylvania and the Hungarian minority within Romania.. The materials in the collection are predominantly in the Hungarian / Magyar language.
- Erdelyi, Istvan (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Istvan Erdelyi immigrated to the United States in the early 1950s after several years spent in Displaced Persons camps in Germany. Erdelyi worked with various organizations of Hungarians in exile concerned with emigration and human rights policies.
6 Linear Feet
Collection acquired from Mr. Istvan Erdelyi of Long Island City, New York in 1989. It was processed by Katie McCormick in 2015.
- Cultural heritage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Displaced persons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ethnic relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hungarian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political activity Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English