Polish National Alliance (Chicago, Illinois) records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Records (1914-1918) of the Polish National Alliance of U.S. of N.A., Council 23, Chicago, Illinois, consist of minutes of sessions, including those of the organizing session, and lists of officers and members. Includes records of Chicago Lodge No. 1820.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
The Polish National Alliance of U.S. of N.A., a cultural and fraternal organization, was founded in 1880. In addition to cultural activities, it sponsors various dance groups and bands, sports programs, a Debutante Ball, a library and historical archives, and owns and operates Alliance College in Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania. The organization has ca. 317,000 members with 1350 local branches, and publishes Zgoda, the Polish Daily Zgoda, and the Alliance Calendar.
3 linear feet
1 microfilm rolls
Language of Materials
- Polish Americans -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polish National Alliance of the United States of North America Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Polish National Alliance (Chicago, Illinois) records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note