United States Department of State. Records relating to Greece.
Records of the U.S. Department of State relate to internal affairs of Greece and to political relations between Greece and the United states (decimal file 711.68). Bulk of records are instructions to and dispatches from diplomatic and consular officials. Also included are notes between the Department of State and foreign diplomatic representatives in the United States, memoranda prepared by Department officials, and correspondence with officials of other government departments and with private firms and individuals.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
48 microfilm rolls
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Originals located in the National Archives of the United States.
- Greece. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political activity Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Foreign Relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- [Title of the finding aid in title case, not the title of the collection. It may include collection dates. Examples of finding aid titles: Inventory of the Rufus P. Wigglesworth Papers, 1889-1934; Advantage Home Inspections Records, 1995-2000.]
- IHRC Archives
- [Finding Aid creation date. ]
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area