Midwest Estonian Youth Congress (Kesk-Lääne Eesti Noorte Sõpruspäevad [KLENK]) records
Newspaper clippings, event brochures, correspondence.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The first gathering of the Estonian youth in Mid West took place in 1958 in Chicago. The gatherings grew into a non-political organization for Estonian youth with the objective to preserve and cultivate Estonian culture in exile. Over the years the range of participants has widened and everyone interested in Estonian culture and history are welcome to take part in the congress.
5 linear inches
Language of Materials
- Cultural heritage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Estonian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Youth -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Midwest Estonian Youth Congress records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area