Robert C. Johnson papers
SCOPE AND CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTION
The Robert C. Johnson collection contains office files and includes lists of committee and cabinet members and other committee-related material during the 1940s through the 1960s. Other subjects include items dealing with branches, real estate, taxes, program evaluations and studies, the World's Fair, state conventions, organizational matters and religious activity at the Y.
- Majority of material found within ( 1960-1969).
Language of Materials
Use of Materials:
This collection is protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright, ownership, and to obtain all the necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials.
BIOGRAPHY OF ROBERT C. JOHNSON
Robert C. Johnson spent much of his YMCA career in student work, which he undertook first in Milwaukee in the late 1930s and subsequently in Cincinnati. He left Cincinnati in 1948 to become executive director of the Intercollegiate branch in New York, a position he held until he was appointed executive director of William Sloane House in 1956. Beginning in 1964, he held various executive positions at the New York City headquarters office until his retirement in 1969. He was a graduate of the University of Cincinnati. and was active in the Association of Secretaries.
2.4 Cubic Feet (5 boxes)
The collection consists of office files of Robert C. Johnson.
See Detailed Description section for box listing.
Processed by: Louise Merriam, February 2016.
Catalog Record ID number:
- College students -- Religious life. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson, Robert C. (Of the YMCA of Greater New York)
- New York (N.Y.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- YMCA of Greater New York.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- ROBERT C. JOHNSON:
- An Inventory of His Papers
- Finding aid prepared by Louise Merriam.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note