H. Nevin Gehman papers
Scope and Contents
The H. Nevin Gehman collection contains materials related to corporate and foundation fund raising for the YMCA of Greater New York. Included are items related to capital projects, individual branch operations and programs. Also included are lists of prospects, funding proposals and requests from branches, correspondence with and about corporate funders, development of a deferred giving program, and membership surveys.
- Gehman, H. Nevin (Henry Nevin), 1920-1999 (Person)
- YMCA of Greater New York. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright, ownership, and to obtain all the necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials.
Biographical / Historical
Henry Nevin Gehman was born in 1920, graduated from Princeton University and served in the Navy during WWII. After a career in advertising, he entered YMCA service in the late 1970s, retiring in July 1985 as Vice President of Financial Development and Communications of the YMCA of Greater New York. He died in 1999.
0.4 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The H. Nevin Gehman collection contains studies, proposals, correspondence and reports related primarily to fund raising, collected by H. Nevin Gehman at the YMCA of Greater New York
Catalog Record ID Number: 9974761545501701
- Fund raising Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gehman, H. Nevin (Henry Nevin), 1920-1999
- New York (N.Y.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- YMCA of Greater New York.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- H. NEVIN GEHMAN
- An Inventory of His Papers
- Louise Merriam
- August 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Kautz Family YMCA Archives Collecting Area