James O. Stephenson papers
SCOPE AND CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTION
The James O. Stephenson papers consist of letters, memos and attachments related to programs operated by the YMCA of Greater New York that include camping, departmental goals, program enrollment statistics, program audits, youth sports, gymnastics championship at Camp Greenkill, spiritual emphasis task force, emergency planning for swimming pools, program planning for seniors, and relationship with New York City's Youth Board.
- Stephenson, James O. (Person)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials:
This collection is protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright, ownership, and to obtain all the necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials.
BIOGRAPHY OF JAMES O. STEPHENSON
James O. Stephenson entered YMCA service in 1976 after attending the University of North Carolina Agricultural and Technical College. He was first appointed director of program services at the YMCA of Greater New York. By 1983 he had become vice president of program services. In 1985 he was the associate executive for program services at the Harlem branch. By 1991 he had become vice president for financial development, a post he held until his retirement in August 1995.
2.4 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
Correspondence, memos, reports and planning documents collected by James O. Stephenson while he was director of program services at the YMCA of Greater New York.
See Detailed Description section for box listing.
Processed by: Louise Merriam, March 2016.
Catalog Record ID number: 9974092494201701
- New York (N.Y.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stephenson, James O.
- YMCA of Greater New York.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- JAMES O. STEPHENSON:
- An Inventory of His Papers
- Finding aid prepared by Louise Merriam
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Kautz Family YMCA Archives Collecting Area