François L. Sheats papers
SCOPE AND CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTION
As director of public relations, François L. Sheats collected a wide range of materials that included items from other non-profit organizations such as the American Bible Society as well as about YMCA programs and events such as the annual dinners and Children's Summer Play Week. Also included are ideas for editorials and press releases as well as items that could be used in publicity materials such as endorsements, biographical information and fact sheets. Additionally, there is information on potentially negative topics that could have required a response from the organization such as tax exemption, union disputes and reorganization of the New York YMCA.
- Sheats, François L., 1917-1982 (Person)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials:
This collection is protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright, ownership, and to obtain all the necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials.
BIOGRAPHY OF FRANÇOIS L. SHEATS
François Llewellyn Sheats was the director of public relations of the YMCA of Greater New York in the 1960s. Before assuming this position in 1958, he worked as the membership and public relations secretary at the Brooklyn Central YMCA.
3 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
The collection consists of the subject files and correspondence of François L. Sheats, director of public relations for the YMCA of Greater New York from 1957 to 1972.
See Detailed Description section for box listing.
Processed by: Louise Merriam, January 2016.
Catalog Record ID number: 9974081608501701
- Sheats, François L., 1917-1982
- YMCA of Greater New York.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- FRANÇOIS L. SHEATS
- An Inventory of His Papers
- Finding aid prepared by Louise Merriam.
- January 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Kautz Family YMCA Archives Collecting Area