YMCA lantern slide collection
SCOPE AND CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTION
Slides are primarily black and white unless otherwise noted.
Language of Materials
Collection is predominantly in English. Includes one lantern slide script in German
Use of Materials:
This collection is protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright, ownership, and to obtain all the necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials.
NOTE ON YMCA LANTERN SLIDES
1727 slides and 9 volumes (31 boxes
Lantern slides and lantern slide shows or lectures compiled by the YMCA, for educational or entertainment use, depicting YMCA activities, mainly in the areas of international (foreign) work and armed services work during World War I.
See Detailed Description section for box listing.
OTHER FINDING AIDS
Alternative Formats Available:
A group of 133 of the World War I-related slides, including the 32 German prisoner of war slides (and the script that goes with 32 of them) have been digitized. An additional 350 or so slides of YMCA work in Asia (especially China) have also been digitized.
Processed by: Lara Friedman-Shedlov, June 2010.
Catalog Record ID number: 5707881
- Australia Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Boys. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- China Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Europe. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- India Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Iraq. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Japan Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Korea. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Lantern slides Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Latin America Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Minneapolis (Minn.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Prisoners of war. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- Recreation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- YMCA LANTERN SLIDES:
- An Inventory
- Finding aid prepared by Lara Friedman-Shedlov.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Kautz Family YMCA Archives Collecting Area