Hennepin County General Hospital collection
Scope and Content Note
In the collection are 17 sets of reduced bluelines plans, including design development, architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural drawings and site plans. There are also 38 volumes of specifications.
- Medical Facilities Associates General (Organization)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
Available for use in the Manuscripts Division reading room. Advance notice is requested.
Restrictions on Use
There are no restrictions on the use of materials in this collection. Copies can be requested if the condition of the originals warrants it.
The Hennepin County General Hospital opened in 1887 at 6th Street and Park Avenue South in Minneapolis, Minnesota under the name of Minneapolis City Hospital. The name was changed to Hennepin County General Hospital in 1920 and Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) in 1974. The plans in this collection were drawn by Medical Facilities Associates General, an architectural association formed specifically for this project by the firms of Liebenberg, Kaplan, Glotter and Associates; S.G. Smiley and Associates; and Thorsen and Thorshov Associates, all of Minneapolis.
9 Cubic Feet
Collection includes 17 sets of complete plans and 38 volumes of specifications for the Hennepin County General Hospital.
Additional Finding Aid
An unpublished finding aid with detailed contents is available in the Manuscripts Division.
The collection was donated to the Northwest Architectural Archives by Jack Lindeman on October 14, 1977.
- Hennepin County General Hospital (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Hospital architecture -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hospitals -- Minnesota -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hennepin County General Hospital collection
- Archives Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Northwest Architectural Archives Collecting Area