Minneapolis Flour Milling District maps collection
Scope and Content Note
The collection consists of maps of the location of flour mills on the West Bank of the Mississippi River at the Falls of St. Anthony, of mill sewer tunnels, and blueprints for intake and tail race tunnels for the Columbia Mill and Pillsbury Elevator (1899-1908). Also included are elevations and sections of mills (1911), an isometric view of the West Bank Milling District (1911) and an index (1911).
- Standard Milling Company (Organization)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
Available for use in the Manuscripts Division reading room. Advance notice is requested.
Restrictions on Use
There are no restrictions on the use of materials in this collection. Use copies have been created for many of the maps because of their fragile state.
Minneapolis Flour Milling District maps were created by multiple companies, such as Standard Milling Company.
3.0 Cubic Feet
Collection consists of maps of the location of flour mills on the West Bank of the Mississippi River.
Additional Finding Aid
An unpublished finding aid with detailed contents is available in the Manuscripts Division.
- Flour Mills -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flour industry -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Flour Milling District maps collection
- Archives Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Northwest Architectural Archives Collecting Area