Fremont D. Orff collection
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains plans and elevation blueprints by Fremont Orff for the T.B. Walker Store at Lake and Hennepin in Minneapolis (1910), now known as the Rainbow Cafe Building, and a high school building in Hopkins MN.
- 1908, 1910
- Orff, Fremont D., 1856-1914 (Person)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
Available for use in the Manuscripts Division reading room. Advance notice is requested.
Restrictions on Use
There are no restrictions on the use of materials in this collection. Copies can be requested if the condition of the originals warrants it.
Fremont D. Orff joined his brother's, George O. Orff (1836-1908), architectural firm in Minneapolis in 1882. The brothers practiced together until about 1890, after which Fremont continued to work alone in the Minneapolis area until 1912.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Collection contains the plans of two buildings designed by Fremont D. Orff.
The collection is organized alphabetically by commission name.
Additional Finding Aid
An unpublished finding aid with detailed contents is available in the Manuscripts Division.
- Commercial buildings -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School buildings -- Minnesota -- Hopkins -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fremont D. Orff collection
- Archives Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Northwest Architectural Archives Collecting Area