Roy Childs Jones papers
Scope and Content Note
The collection consists of original drawings for the F.W. Luehring residence, Minneapolis (Tyrie & Chapman, Associated Architects, 1926-1927), and remodeling plans of the residence by Walter R. Vivrett, architect (1959).
- Jones, Roy Childs, 1885-1963 (Person)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
Available for use in the Manuscripts Division reading room. Advance notice is requested.
Restrictions on Use
There are no restrictions on the use of materials in this collection. Copies can be requested if the condition of the originals warrants it.
Roy Childs Jones was born in Kendallville, Indiana on June 22, 1885. He attended Purdue University and the University of Pennsylvania, obtaining a B.S. in architecture in 1908 and his M.S. in architecture in 1914. Following his undergraduate work, he was employed by Holabird & Root in Chicago and McKim, Mead and White in New York, and while pursuing graduate study he joined the University of Minnesota School of Architecture staff in 1913. Jones was head of the School from 1937 to 1953. From 1919 to 1928 he was also chief designer and draftsman with Toltz, King & Day in St. Paul, where he was responsible for the designs of the Hamm Building (St. Paul), and courthouses in St. Cloud, Minnesota, Minot, North Dakota, and Redfield, South Dakota. Jones died in Minneapolis on October 29, 1963.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Collection consists of original drawings (1926-1927) for the F.W. Leuhring residence, Minneapolis, and remodeling plans of the residence (1959).
Additional Finding Aid
An unpublished finding aid with detailed contents is available in the Manuscripts Division.
- Architecture, domestic -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roy Childs Jones papers
- Archives Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Northwest Architectural Archives Collecting Area