Old Town Restorations records
Scope and Content Note
Included in this extensive collection are film strips, mounted pictures and photographs, conference brochures and information gathered by staff attending conferences, OTR financial records, Hill District history records (in manuscripts, maps and pictures), house moving records, a collection of how-to publications on house renovation, newsletters and other information about OTR, project files, publications by and about OTR, tour brochures and information, and many photographs of buildings in the District including project and aerial view photographs. Also included are floorplans of many buildings, and maps of the Hill District.
- Old Town Restorations, inc. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
Available for use in the Manuscripts Division reading room. Advance notice is requested.
Restrictions on Use
There are no restrictions on the use of materials in this collection. Copies can be requested if the condition of the originals warrants it.
Old Town Restorations, Inc., (OTR), was a non-profit corporation founded to combat community deterioration through historic preservation. Focused on the Historic Hill District in St. Paul, Minnesota, Old Town Restorations, Inc., maintained a program of planning, education, publication and development from 1966 until about 1982.
21 Cubic Feet
Collection contains the papers of Old Town Restorations, a historic preservation non-profit corporation established in St. Paul, Minnesota.
The collection is organized into 15 series:
- Audio Visual
- Display Boards
- House Moving Projects
- Media Reference and Newsletters
- Project Files
- Restoration and Preservation Booklets-Local and National
- Restoration Projects
- Selby Projects
- Numbered Negatives
- Photographs,Negatives and Contact Sheets
Mezzanine; A-V Room; High Bay
Additional Finding Aid
An unpublished finding aid with detailed contents is available in the Manuscripts Division.
The collection was donated to the Northwest Architectural Archives by Earl Joseph on April 15, 1997.
- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic -- Conservation and restoration -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic Hill District (Saint Paul, Minn.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Urban renewal -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Old Town Restorations records
- Archives Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Northwest Architectural Archives Collecting Area