Skip to main content

Archie G. Parish collection

Identifier: N256

Scope and Content Note

The collection includes a broad array of items associated with Parish’s education, military service, professional practice, and personal interests. Drawings in the collection include school assignments, architectural sketches, cartoons, and water colors.


  • 1883-1963

Language of Materials


Restrictions on Access

This collection is open and available for use in our reading room, advance notice to view the materials is requested

Restrictions on Use

There are no restrictions on use

Biographical Note

Archie Gale Parish was a native of Minneapolis, born in 1898. In his early years, he attended the Franklin School, The William Hood Dunwoody Industrial Institute, and the University of Minnesota Extension to study architectural drafting. Parish moved to St. Petersburg, Florida in 1924, and practiced as an architect for 60 years there.

While in Florida Parish became the president of the Florida State Board of Architects. Parish also designed or co-designed many notable buildings including the downtown St. Petersburg YMCA, the Jordan Park Housing Project, Christ United Methodist Church and the remodel of the State Theatre. Parish died in 1985, and his drawings and papers were donated to the archives by his family in 2011.


3 boxes


This collection contains coorespondence, school work, sketches and articles relating to Archie G. Parishs' time as a student and architect


The collection is organized into the following series:

  1. Correspondence
  2. Documents
  3. Drawings
  4. Education
  5. Misc.
  6. Photos
  7. Project Files

Physical Location



This collection was donated in 2011 by his Grandchildren Lee and Lynne McDonald

Processing Information

The collection was processed and the finding aid written by Clara Gilbert.

Archie G. Parish Collection
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note

Collecting Area Details

Contact The Northwest Architectural Archives Collecting Area