Arthur J. Gaines photograph collection
Scope and Content Note
The collection includes photographs of noted performers and conductors inscribed to Arthur Gaines.
- Gaines, Arthur J. (Person)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
The collection is open and available for use by researchers in the Andersen Library Reading Room.
Restrictions on Use
Copyright is retained by the copyright holder.
Arthur J. Gaines was the first professional business manager of the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra from 1923-30. After managing the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, he returned to Minnesota in 1938 and again became manager.
Collection includes inscribed photographs from performers who worked with Arthur J. Gaines, manager of the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra.
Organization of the Collection
The photographs are arranged alphabetically.
Zone B, R6, D4, S15
Transferred from the Orchestra in the 1990s.
The collection was processed and the finding aid written by Leslie Czechowski in February 2001.
- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Minnesota -- Photographs. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Symphony orchestras -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arthur J. Gaines photograph collection
- Finding aid created by Leslie Czechowski
- 6 June 2003
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Performing Arts Archives Collecting Area