Bloomington Civic Theatre records
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains papers documenting the early years of the Bloomington Civic Theatre. The collection contains correspondence, financial records, cast lists, newsletters, scrapbooks, programs and publicity, photographs and production lists. Also within the collection is a profile of the theatre presented to the Bloomington Facilities Committee (1966) and BCT's constitution.
- Bloomington Civic Theatre (Organization)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
The collection is open and available for use by researchers in the Andersen Library Reading Room.
Restrictions on Use
Copyright is maintained by the copyright holder
The Bloomington Civic Theatre (BCT) was founded by Donna and Bob Utecht, Kingsley Holman and his wife and Tom and Doris Helvig in 1955. BCT was one of the first local, amateur theatres to perform musicals with a full orchestra. In the late 1970s, BCT could not find enough volunteers to keep the theatre open, causing it to close in 1981. After a seven-year hiatus, BCT resumed productions in 1988.
Collection contains correspondence, financial records, cast lists, newsletters, scrapbooks, photographs and production lists of the Bloomington Civic Theatre.
Mezzanine, High Bay
Additional Finding Aid
An unpublished finding aid with detailed contents is available in the Manuscripts Division.
The collection was donated to the Performing Arts Archives by Ann H. Peterson in 1982 and 1984.
The collection was processed and the finding aid written by Kathryn Hujda, 2013.
- Amateur theater -- Minnesota -- Bloomington Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bloomington Civic Theatre Records
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note