Bel Canto Voices records
Scope and Content Note
The collection includes board minutes, correspondence, scrapbooks, clippings, publicity materials, sheet music, photographs, and performance recordings.
Note: Publicity material and scrapbooks contain photographs, correspondence, programs, announcements, and other similar materials.
- Bel Canto Voices (Organization)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
The collection is open and available for use by researchers in the Andersen Library Reading Room.
Restrictiosn on Use
Copyright is retained by the copyright holder.
Bel Canto Voices was a girl's chorus started in 1976 by Janice Kimes. BCV performed locally but also toured internationally. In 2005 it was absorbed by the Minnesota Opera and transformed into Project Opera.
Collection contains scrapbooks, correspondence, publicity, administrative and A/V materials for Bel Canto Voices.
Donated by Janice Kimes in 2005, with additional accruals in 2015.
- Audio Recordings Subject Source: Local sources
- Audio-visual materials Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Musical settings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbook. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheet music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Singers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bel Canto Voices Records
- Finding aid created by Anne Simpson
- July 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note