Stuart Pimsler Dance and Theater Company records
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains professional materials from the Stuart Pimsler Dance and Theater Company and the work of Stuart Pimsler and Suzanne Costello. The collection is largely comprised of audio/visual material, including a large collection of video tapes and reels. The collection also contains programs and flyers organized by season, dating as far back as the company's 1985/1986 season.
Language of Materials
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
The collection is open and available for use by researchers in the Andersen Library Reading Room.
Restrictions on Use
Copyright is retained by the copyright holders.
Stuart Pimsler Dance and Theater was founded in 1979 in New York City by Stuart Pimsler and his Artistic Co-Director, Suzanne Costello. The company was based in New York and Ohio before arriving in the Twin Cities, where they have resided since the 1990s. The company's work is concerned with making connections, human nature, and the vision of "theater for the heart and mind." Stuart Pimsler Dance and Theater has been has been nationally recognized for its work with medical caregivers, healing through the movement, and personal health through creative expression.
Collection contains video recordings, production programs, production flyers, newspaper clippings, and other production-related materials.
The collection was donated to the Performing Arts Archives by Stuart Pimsler in April 2011. Accruals to the collection were received in 2015.
The collection was processed and the finding aid written by Kathryn Hujda, 2013, with generous support from Creative Heritage Initiative donors.
- Audio cassettes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dance -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dance companies -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flyers Subject Source: Local sources
- Theater programs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Video Recordings Subject Source: Local sources
- Video recordings -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stuart Pimsler Dance and Theater Company records
- Kathryn Hujda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note