West Bank School of Music records
Scope and Content Note
Collection includes video recordings (bulk), audio recordings, marketing, publicity, photographs from the West Bank School of Music. The collection also contains ephemera collected by the West Bank School of Music.
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
Collection is available for use in the Andersen Library Reading Room.
Restrictions on Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
The West Bank School of Music (WBSM) was founded in 1970 by Minneapolis musician Warren Park to be a community-focused music education center. WBSM offered high-quality, affordable music instruction and performance opportunities to students of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds in in all styles, including old-time to jazz, classical, and funk. Originally established in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis, in 2015 the WBSOM moved to St. Paul's Midway neighborhood. WBSM ceased operations in 2018.
8 Linear Feet (6 paige boxes, 2 flat boxes)
Collection includes tape recordings (bulk), marketing and publicity, posters, and ephemera from the West Bank School of Music.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection donated to the Performing Arts Archives by the West Bank School of Music in 2018.
Collection was processed and finding aid written by Archives and Special Collections staff in 2018.
- Audio Recordings Subject Source: Local sources
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education, higher Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ephemera Subject Source: Local sources
- Music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Posters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Video recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Performing Arts Archives Collecting Area