Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract The collection consists of photograph albums from various photographers and collectors.
Abstract The collection consists of two diaries belonging to William H., correspondence files of John H. Sr. dating from World War I and II concerning the war effort and war related experiences.
Scope and Contents The collection contains 84 snapshots taken at Nopeming Sanatorium outside of Duluth, Minnesota, and 3 postcards. The photographs include employees, patients, and vistors, both indoors and outdoors, in candid shots at events, and during recreation or visits. Individuals in the photos include Joe Markonich's wife and and Empi D. Leskela, a custodial employee at Nopeming.
Dates: 1928-1933; Majority of material found in 1928, 1933, and not dated
Abstract The collection contains photographic prints and glass plates of Duluth and surrounding areas.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 104 primarily unidentified small photographs, glued to black photo album paper, that depict Selma Johnson as an employee at Nopeming tuberculosis sanitarium casually or on-duty with other people employees or patients residing there for care. Nopeming staff, facilities, and grounds are shown.
Dates: circa 1914
Abstract This collection consists of reports made by various county officials; applications for liquor licenses; claims against St. Louis County which have been ordered paid by the County Board; tax records; Auditor's correspondence; public examiner's report on school districts, boards of education, cities, towns, townships, and on St. Louis County; elelction tally sheets; proceedings of the St. Louis County Board of Auditors; and other papers filed with the St. Louis County Auditor.
Dates: circa 1863-1947
Scope and Contents The collection contains a photograph album, a scrapbook, and correspondence. The photograph album (1910-1935) has images of Inez Torell, her family members and friends, and images of and from the various hospitals she stayed in - including staff members and patients. Many of the photographs include handwritten names, locations, dates, and comments. The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings of family, friends, hospitals, hospital staff and patients, cards and letters from friends and...
Dates: 1910-1949; Majority of material found in 1928-1931
- Photographs 5
- Duluth (Minn.) 4
- Hospitals 4
- Iron mines and mining 3
- Tuberculosis--Hospitals--Minnesota 3
- Buildings 2
- Duluth (Minn.)--History--Pictorial works 2
- Photographs--1900-1910 2
- Real property 2
- Schools 2
- Tuberculosis--Patients 2
- Women 2
- Agriculture 1
- Annual reports 1
- Boy Scouts 1
- Businesses 1
- Childhood and youth 1
- Children with disabilities 1
- Church buildings 1
- Cloquet (Minn.) 1 ∧ less
- Duluth Boat Club (Minn.) 2
- Archives and Special Collections, Northeast Minnesota Historical Center Collections 1
- Gillette Children's Hospital 1
- Gillette State Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Hearding, John H., Jr., 1899-1984 1
- Hearding, John H., Sr., 1865-1958 1
- Hearding, William H., 1826-1893 1
- Markonich, Joe 1
- McKenzie, Hugh, 1879-1957 1
- Niemi, Selma Johnson, 1898 October 29-1991 April 29 1
- Nute, Grace Lee, 1895-1990 1
- Oliver Iron Mining Company 1
- Southworth, Mira M., 1883 May 14-1975 February 14 1
- St. Louis County (Minn.) Auditor 1
- St. Louis County Historical Society (Saint Louis County, Minn.) 1
- Torell, Inez M., 1906 May 12-1960 September 26 1 ∧ less